Health 1st can assist employers with meeting their legal duties under the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992, where there is a need to protect employees from any risks associated with Display Screen Equipment (DSE), such as computers and laptops.
The Regulations only apply to employers whose workers regularly use DSE as a significant part of their normal work e.g. daily, for continuous periods of an hour or more. These workers are known as DSE users.
The Regulations require employers to:
- Analyse workstations to assess and reduce risk
- Make sure controls are in place
- Provide information and training
- Provide eye and eyesight tests on request and special spectacles if needed
- Review the assessment
Health 1st can support its clients with meeting their legal duties under the DSE Regulations in several ways, including:
- On site face-to-face assessments, with the provision of clear feedback and recommendations
- Home visits to employees who regularly use computers at home as part of their work
- On site DSE Assessor Training to train and enable staff within the organisation to undertake DSE assessments